Sunday, December 18, 2011

Yuletide Blessings Blog Party!

      Happy Saturday dear readers and welcome everyone who found their way here from Astraea Sapphire's Yuletide Blessings Blog Party!



   This blog party is all about Yule-time traditions that reader's families hold.

   Many Blessings and Enjoy!


   **Note: These are not my personal pictures as I'm not a great picture taker.  :) **



 Starting November 30th, my family and I unpack our Christmas tree and let the decorating begin! We actually just bought a new tree last year so I'm excited to put it up and see how big it is! Usually we have blue and silver christmas ornaments as well as garland that wraps around with clear lights in between.






I have boxes and BOXES of Christmas decorations that come out this time of year. (My husband keeps saying we should get rid of some... BLASPHEMY!)
These boxes include our stockings, little christmas trees I decorate, LOTS of garland and little figurines from our favorite Christmas specials like "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" and "The Year Without a Santa Clause"



My husband and I have been together 5 years, married for about 1 1/2, and we have gotten a Christmas ornament for every year we've been together and plan on doing this for every year to come. Last year was really special with the birth of our daughter so her First Christmas Ornament was the one we bought. Here's a picture of the exact one (her name isn't Erika though):



The Christmas lights are next. Not too many people put lights up on their houses anymore which is a shame because their beautiful at night and we love to see them!


Every year I try to make our Christmas cards but sometimes there's just not enough time so I have a back up box full to send out!

When Christmas Eve finally arrives we do the usual opening up of one gift the night before. For dinner we usually have something simple at home or we might venture out to a nice restaurant. But right after we always drive around town to look at all the house that are decorated with lights. Like I said, it's not too many anymore so seeing them is always great!


This year, we're really excited because we get to play Santa for the first time for our daughter. It's the small things that really make the holidays!



Christmas morning always starts out with a batch of warm cinnamon rolls followed by the opening of presents. There's really no rhyme or reason to how we do it, we just dive in!
And of course, the day wouldn't be complete until you've had Christmas Dinner!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love blue and silver decorated trees! I have always done multi-colored, but I was just saying how much I like blue just last night on the way home. Quite a few people around here use lights still, and I love seeing them at night. Though a lot of people tend to decorate in October for Christmas, and leave it up til March or later. Thats just too much to me. lol

Kleaf19 said...

I love blue and silver too! But I've acquired so many 'special' ornaments over the years that having any type of theme on my tree just gets lost. But I grew up with trees galore. You sound a lot like my mom, the tree is up Thanksgiving night, and the rest gets done over the next week or so. She's made a stocking for every year since 1980, so those go up. She has a Santa tree, a Poinsettia Tree, and plenty more. Her home is always so festive and makes the holiday that much more!

Visiting from the Yuletide Blessings Blog Party!

Blessings,
Kourtney

Post a Comment